Consumer Complaint Form

Thank you for contacting us regarding your complaint. Before you file this complaint with the Board, we suggest that you attempt to settle the matter with the Court Reporter. We recommend that you do this in writing. An ordinary letter is usually sufficient, or you can use this form. If you are not satisfied with the response, mail a copy of your complaint and the Reporter's written response to the Board or you may use the Board's on-line complaint form over the Internet. The Board will review your complaint, the Reporter's written response, and determine the appropriate jurisdiction for the complaint. The Board does not have the authority to collect fees, request transcripts for you, or correct inaccurate transcripts.

If your complaint alleges inaccuracies in a transcript, please provide copies of the cover page, the certificate page, and, on a separate piece of paper, type the page and line numbers of each item in dispute, then type the words as you believe they SHOULD appear in the transcript. The Board does not address punctuation, as it is too subjective. It is not mandatory that you use this form in order to file a complaint with the Board, but we require the information to investigate the complaint.

Please provide all the requested information.

Caution: Is Your Computer Secure?

Information Collection, Use and Access

Collection and Use of Personal Information

The Department of Consumer Affairs and the Court Reporters Board collects the information requested on this form as authorized by Business and Professions Code sections 325 and 326 and the Information Practices Act. The Department and/or the Court Reporters Board uses this information to follow up on your complaint.

Providing Personal Information is Voluntary

You do not have to provide the personal information requested. If you do not wish to provide personal information, such as your name, home address, or home telephone number, you may remain anonymous. In that case, however, we may not be able to contact you or help you resolve your complaint.

Access to Your Information

You may review the records maintained by the Court Reporters Board that contain your personal information, as permitted by the Information Practices Act. See contact information below.

Possible Disclosure of Personal Information

We make every effort to protect the personal information you provide us. However, in order to follow up on your complaint, we may need to share the information you give us with the business you complained about or with other government agencies. This may include sharing any personal information you gave us.

The information you provide may also be disclosed in the following circumstances:

  • In response to a Public Records Act request, as allowed by the Information Practices Act;
  • To another government agency as required by state or federal law; or,
  • In response to a court or administrative order, a subpoena, or a search warrant.

Contact Information

For questions about this notice or access to your records, you may contact the Enforcement Unit at Court Reporters Board, 2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 230, Sacramento, CA 95833, by phone at (877) 327-5272, or by e-mail at For questions about the Department’s Privacy Policy, you may contact the Department of Consumer Affairs at 1625 North Market Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95834, by phone at (800) 952-5210, or by e-mail at